End of Term Information for Instructors

Assigning Grades

Click here for instructions on submitting grades via Eagle Online. 

If you are unable to assign a grade for a course:

  • You likely are not assigned as the primary instructor. Please ensure you are assigned as the primary instructor, and if not, allow the individual assigned as primary to enter grades. If you should be listed as primary and are not, please contact the Registrar's Office as soon as possible to assist you.
  • In the event you are not listed in Banner as active faculty, this will need to be resolved with HR and/or Security as soon as possible. In the interim, please notify the Registrar's Office with another individual who can enter grades for you on your behalf. 
  • You may have already entered grades. Please check your class roster. 
  • If you receive an error message stating you have selected an invalid grade, this indicates that you are trying to assign a grade that is not valid with the course's set grade mode. Please contact the Registrar's Office to assist you. 

If you have entered grades and would like to check, please review your class roster in Eagle Online to ensure all final grades are assigned. You may also contact the registrar's office by email along with the class CRN to check grades have been assigned accordingly. 


Grade Changes

Submit grade changes via your class roster in Eagle Online through 10am of the grading deadline.  After the deadline, to change a grade you must do so through the grade change workflow. Please review steps to change a grade on the Faculty and Staff Resources page. Your student will receive an email notification once the grade is changed. 

Please remember that a "W" cannot be entered as a grade. Students must complete a request for exception to retroactively withdraw from a course. 


Incomplete Grades

Incomplete grades should be changed by the last day of classes for the semester.  Once incomplete grades become a year old, they will automatically roll to an "IF." If you have a student who completed the work and the incomplete needs to be changed after the year timeframe/once the "IF" is assigned, please assist the student in completing a request for exception. The request for exception will also need the grade change form attached as documentation.