Due to the telecommuting being required by the Coronavirus situation, we are adding digital signature fields to our PDF forms that are not already in DocuSign. The digital signature fields can be seen when the forms are downloaded to your computer. Please contact Amy Hill if you have difficulty accessing or using the forms.
Please note: form accessibility may vary from browser to browser and among different operating systems. Follow the steps below to save the forms and submit them to the Office of Research. For form accessibility issues or troubleshooting, please contact Amy Hill at extension 3464 or email@example.com.
1. Click the link for the form. If the form opens in your browser, choose the "Save" icon in the top right portion of your screen and save it as a file on your computer (Note: if you begin typing in the form from your browser, the information will not be saved. You must save the file to your computer). If the form downloads instead of opening in the browser, double-click the name and open it. Save the file from there to a location on your computer.
2. Open the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat (Note: varying versions of Reader may yield different results. If you have issues, please contact your ITS support person to ensure that you have the most up-to-date Reader).
3. Fill in the form.
4. After completing the form, choose File>Save As from the Adobe Acrobat Reader menu and save the file using a new name in a location you will be able to access later (Desktop, My Documents, etc.).
5. Close the form.
6. Create a new mail message and attach the recently saved file to the message. Submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: if none of these steps work on your computer, please contact your ITS support person or print the file, hand-write your responses, and return it to the appropriate office or building as designated.
- Information Request Policy
Tennessee Technological University, a public institution of higher education created by the laws of the State of Tennessee, is located at 1 William L. Jones Drive, Cookeville, TN 38505 (931-372-3101). Tennessee Tech collects the information you provide to it through its website’s portals, request for information forms, etc. for the purpose fulfilling its mission as required by Tennessee Code Annotated Section 49-8-101(d). Tennessee Tech may share the information you provide with contractors and state or federal authorities if required by law or if necessary to fulfill its stated mission.
Tennessee Tech will store your personal data consistent with its policy on document retention, which can be accessed through the Policy Central portal on this website. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and have standing under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, you have the right (i) to request from Tennessee Tech access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing; (ii) to object to processing; (iii) to data portability and (iv) to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EEA.
By providing personal data to Tennessee Tech, you consent to the processing of your data for the purposes described above.
- Agreement for Industry-Sponsored Students' Project
- CESU Master Agreement between the National Park Service and Tennessee Tech (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your TTU username and password.)
- Establishing Cost Rates (PDF file)
- Lab Facilities Use Agreement (contact the Office of Research) and Refer to Tennessee Tech Policy 121 and 122
- License Agreement Template (Microsoft Word file)
- Master Agreement of Commercial and Cooperative Interactions between Tennessee Tech and the Tennessee Valley Authority (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your TTU username and password.)
- Memorandum of Understanding Template (contact the Office of Research)
- One-Way Nondisclosure Agreement (PDF file, TTU discloses information)
- One-Way Nondisclosure Agreement (PDF file, TTU receives information)
- Reciprocal (Mutual) Non-disclosure Agreement
- Research and Sponsored Projects Agreement (Adapted from TBR Agreement)
- Services Agreement Template (Microsoft Word file)
- Southern Appalachian Mountains CESU Master Agreement between the U.S. Depart. of the Interior, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, U.S. Dept. of Defense, and the universities hosted by the University of Tennessee (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your TTU username and password.)
- Student Intellectual Property and Nondisclosure Agreement (Capstone) (PDF file)
- Tripartite Cooperative Agreement between the U.S. Geological Survey, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and Tennessee
Tech (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your
TTU username and password.)
- Note: The agreements related to intellectual property can also be found on that committee's web page by following the Intellectual Property link below.
- Animal Care and Use
Please see the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee page for these forms.
- Human Subjects Research
Please see the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects Committee page for these forms.
- Intellectual Property
Please see the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee page for these forms.
- Pre-Award Forms
Forms for Proposal Preparation must be returned to the Office of Research staff in Derryberry Hall, Room 128.
- Essential Information
- Internal Cost Share Form
- Notice of Intent to Submit Proposal Form (PLEASE NOTE: The Notice of Intent to Submit Proposal is now housed within an online form-submission portal. It is no longer necessary to save down a PDF file and submit it to the Office of Research.)
- Proposed Budget Spreadsheet (Excel file)
Please note: you will need to use your Tennessee Tech login and password information to access this file.
- Proposal Endorsement Form: The Office of Research Proposal Endorsement Form (PEF) routing and initiation process
will now be handled through a DocuSign portal. This will replace the current process of printing hard copies of the PEF and proposal
and manually routing them through campus for signatures. Please attach supporting
proposal documents via the attachment clip at the bottom of the PEF. Please also
note that only certain sections of the PEF are available for editing by certain users.
For example, the fiscal clerks may edit Page 1 and the top of Page 2. Only the PI
can mark the compliance sections on Pages 2 and 3. The appropriate required signature
sections are noted at the bottom. NEW: Senior Personnel are not included in the PEF routing in DocuSign, but they and the
Co-PIs must fill out compliance forms. Senior Personnel complete their compliance
through the online portal linked below; the Co-PIs will fill out their compliance
within the DocuSign document. Co-PIs are required to sign the PEF on Page 4, but Senior Personnel are not. PIs are required to complete their compliance through DocuSign, and they must also
sign on Page 4. Please contact Amy Hill if you have any trouble with the procedure.
a. Instructions for completing the Proposal Endorsement Form (PEF)
b. Senior Personnel Research Compliance Form
c. PEF DocuSign Frequently Asked Questions
d. Conflict of Interest Management Plan (if you have a conflict of interest regarding a family member being included as a co-PI on a project, please disclose this conflict and complete and sign the Conflict of Interest Management Plan and return it to email@example.com)
- Post-Award Forms
Project Administration & Closeout
Forms for Project Administration and Closeout must be returned to the Office of Research staff in Derryberry Hall, Room 155.
- Award Activation Form (Formerly named the Grant Activation Form, or GAF) | DocuSign Version
- Award Checkoff List
- Proposal/Project Abstract Form (NOTE: PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND SUBMIT THIS FORM AS AN EMAIL TO NICOLE CLARK, CONTRACT COMPLIANCE ASSISTANT, RATHER THAN SUBMITTING IT AS A PRINTED HARD COPY.)
- Request for Budget or Project Revision | DocuSign Version
- Project Closeout Form (Note: The Office of Grant Accounting is now handling the project closeout form process. Please use their form in the Business-Office-Training folder on the university shared drive. Choose the Forms folder and then the Grants folder within that. The form is titled "Closeout Form_RE.pdf.")
- Closeout Procedure Flowchart
- Royalty Certification (Used for DOE, ONR, ORNL, etc.)
Internal In-Kind Support
- In-Kind Match Certification
- Internal In-Kind Matching Summary Form
- Internal In-Kind Salary Match Summary Form
External In-Kind Support
- Purchasing Office Forms
All of these forms can be returned to Office of Research staff in Derryberry Hall, Rooms 128 or 155.
The following are the Tennessee Tech Purchasing Department's current policy and forms related to contracting services (both grant-funded and non-grant funded). Please also see the Purchasing website under the "Eagle Buy Production Log In" button for access to the Services Contract Routing Form and the Grant Subrecipient Contract Routing Form.
- Contractor Requirements Form
- Dual Services Agreement Routing Form (TTU as Vendor Party)
- Guide for Determining Employee or Independent Contractor
- W-9 Form
- Clinical Affiliation Agreement
- Dual Services Agreement
- Foundation Agreement
- Personal, Professional and Consultant Service Agreement (Grant Funded)
- Personal, Professional and Consultant Service Agreement (Non-Grant Funded)
- Subrecipient Monitoring
Note: For complete information about subrecipient monitoring, visit our Subrecipient Monitoring on Federal Awards page.
- Subrecipient vs. Contractor Checklist
- Subrecipient Information Form
- Subaward Agreement (FDP forms)
- Subrecipient Monitoring Form
- Subrecipient Title VI Survey
- Subaward Agreement | (original FDP template)
- Subaward Amendment free-text | (original FDP template)
- Subaward Amendment with options | (original FDP template)
- Visiting International Researcher Forms and Materials
All of these forms can be returned to Office of Research staff in Derryberry Hall, Rooms 128 or 155.
Please visit the Visiting International Researcher link for information.