Welcome to Nontraditional Student Services
We understand that nontraditional students have diverse priorities and attend school
for various reasons. This journey will profoundly impact your life and those around
Tennessee Tech University, along with the Division of Student Affairs, is dedicated
to assisting your transition and providing support throughout your time with us. The
campus community belongs to you, and we wholeheartedly welcome you.
This website serves as an online resource for nontraditional student support services
that can enhance your educational journey. Please take the opportunity to look over
the resources that we have provided.
Who is a Nontraditional Student?
You might consider yourself a nontraditional student if you:
- Not having a traditional high school diploma
- Have experienced interruptions or delays in your education since high school
- Have an independent financial status
- Are taking classes completely online
- Attending school part-time
- Being employed full-time
- Parents with dependent children, regardless of age
- Caregiver of a family member
- Active, reserve, or veteran members of the military
*Information based on Department of Education definitions