Computer Numerical Control Laboratory
The CNC lab includes several CNC turning and milling machines. It is well equipped to support the CNC curriculum of Engineering Technology. The student will learn how to:
- Develop programs for CNC equipment manually and with CAD/CAM software.
- Setup and program CNC equipment.
- Convert information from CAD to CAM and to CNC G-code.
- Demonstrate analytical skills for the mathematics used in numerical control.
- Interface serial communications between CNC equipment and computers.
- Demonstrate writing, reading, analytical, and communication skills while developing projects and presentations.