Engagement for Impact
Strategic Goal Four
Tennessee Tech fosters partnerships with government, business, and non-profit organizations
to advance economic and workforce development, create and disseminate knowledge, serve
the public good, and generate cultural impact.
Faculty Chair of Working Group:
Jeremy Blair, School of Art, Craft & Design
Priority Action A
Develop new strategically driven sustainable partnerships.
- Prepared inventory of current partnerships (academic, financial, and economic)
Priority Action B
Modernize, adapt, and create academic programs, continuing education certificates, and training activities responsive to impactful engagement.
- Academic Programs Gap Analysis
- Use of D2L server already in place to develop and offer continuing education and professional development courses
Priority Action C
Create and support a network of scholars to evaluate community engagement topics and opportunities.
- Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence launched
- University Fellows Program (in implementation)
Priority Action D
Increase alumni and friend engagement and impact.
- Alumni engagement with the Golden Eagle Alumni Mentoring Network
Priority Action E
Support economic development to transform and sustain a thriving hub for innovation, creativity, and employment opportunities.
- Continue to work with both regional and statewide economic development offices