Strategic Goal Three
Tennessee Tech is committed to optimizing resources and continuously improving effectiveness,
efficiency, and return on investment for students.
Faculty Chair of Working Group:
Tom Timmerman, Department of Decision Sciences and Management
Priority Action A
Improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational/administrative processes and procedures.
- eTranscripts sent securely and populate Banner without manual entry
- Electronic course substitution form
- Launchpad University Advising Center
- Piloting use of D2L server already in place for digital tenure and promotion submission
Priority Action B
Increase the size and effectiveness of scholarship endowments.
Priority Action C
Continue to develop, implement, and evaluate a dynamic long-term budget model that informs effective financial management and consistent strategic investment.
- Establishment of 5-year strategic budget planning committee
- Restructure of university Budget Advisory Committee to create topic-specific subcommittees (5-year Budget, Facilities & Infrastructure, Effectiveness & Efficiency, Emerging Threats & Opportunities)
- Development of training sessions about annual budget process