If you are an international student attending a college or a university abroad and
would like to come to Tennessee Tech for a semester or year we have an exciting new
program for you. The Visiting International Program (VIP) helps college students come
to Tennessee Tech for a semester or academic year and experience studying in the United
How Do I Begin?
Complete an Online Application or paper application (International Exchange/Visiting Student Application) for admissions. Exchange visitors for admission to the university are encouraged
to complete an application as early as possible.
What Must I Submit to be a Visiting Student?
- A letter of good standing from your current university
- Transcripts in English from your institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Adequate evidence of financial support equal to $ 10,000(U.S.) for each semester
- Copy of your passport showing how to spell your name and any extensions
- Complete the following:
- Once admitted, be sure to pay the SEVIS fee prior to your visa appointment; go to www.fmjfee.com to pay the SEVIS fee online.
- Once admitted you will be sent a Certificate of Admission and your DS-2019 which will be used to apply for your J-1 visa.
How Much Does the Visiting International Program Cost?
- Visiting students may request to have out-of-state tuition waived.
- Visiting students are eligible to work on campus (if available).
- Visiting students are eligible to do a Co-op after one semester.
- Visiting students have the option of living on or off campus.
If sending by postal mail, please send all materials to:International Education
Tennessee Tech University
Campus Box 5093
Cookeville, TN 38505 USA
Phone: (931) 372-3634
Fax: (931) 372-3674
You will also need to go to the International Education website for more information about courses offered, course descriptions, insurance, etc.
If you are interested in taking ESL- English as a Second Language classes, TN Tech has an on-campus program called FLS International. You can find out more information about this program at www.fls.net.
If you have any questions, please email us at Intl_adm@tntech.edu.