If you are an international student attending a college or a university abroad and
would like to come to Tennessee Tech for a semester or year we have an exciting new
program for you. The Visiting International Program (VIP) helps college students come
to Tennessee Tech for a semester or academic year and experience studying in the United
How Do I Begin?
Complete an Online Application or paper application (International Exchange/Visiting Student Application) for admissions. Exchange visitors for admission to the university are encouraged
to complete an application as early as possible.
What Must I Submit to be a Visiting Student?
- A letter of good standing from your current university
- Transcripts in English from your institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Adequate evidence of financial support equal to $ 10,000 (U.S.) for each semester
- Copy of your passport showing how to spell your name and any extensions
- Complete the following:
- Once admitted, be sure to pay the SEVIS fee prior to your visa appointment; go to www.fmjfee.com to pay the SEVIS fee online.
- Once admitted you will be sent a Certificate of Admission and your DS-2019 which will be used to apply for your J-1 visa.
How Much Does the Visiting International Program Cost?
- Visiting students may request to have out-of-state tuition waived.
- Visiting students are eligible to work on campus (if available).
- Visiting students are eligible to do a Co-op after one semester.
- Visiting students have the option of living on or off campus.
If sending by postal mail, please send all materials to:International Education
Tennessee Tech University
Campus Box 5093
Cookeville, TN 38505 USA
Phone: (931) 372-3634
Fax: (931) 372-3674
You will also need to go to the International Education website for more information about courses offered, course descriptions, insurance, etc.
If you have any questions, please email us at Intl_adm@tntech.edu.