Accreditation and Reports
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Tennessee Tech University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
The College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- This accreditation includes undergraduate and graduate levels of professional education programs offered at Tennessee Tech. Accreditation is the process by which the profession of teaching declares its expectations for teacher education and applies these expectations to institutions that prepare members of the profession.
- CAEP establishes standards and procedures to carry out the accreditation process and
provides training for those who conduct on-site review of higher education institutions.
The essential function of external, national accreditation is to provide professional judgment of the quality of a teacher education program and to encourage continuous improvement in the program.
- Institutions that are accredited nationally are required to provide quality professional
education programs that foster competent practice by graduates of their programs.
As a part of the accrediting process, the College of Education must meet rigorous standards of excellence developed by professional educators.
- The College must demonstrate that its programs reflect established knowledge and sound professional practice, must establish and uphold national standards of excellence, and must strengthen the quality and integrity of professional education.
- Through the accreditation process, CAEP provides assurance to the public that professionally accredited units have met national professional standards.
- In a number of states, graduates of CAEP-accredited professional education programs are eligible for interstate reciprocity when applying for a license.
- To determine if they qualify for such reciprocity, graduates of Tennessee Tech should contact the Certification Analyst for the College of Education or the State Director of Teacher Education and Certification or Licensure in the state in which they are interested in practicing.
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling
& Related Educational Programs
- CACREP accredits master’s and doctoral degree programs in counseling and its related specialities offered by colleges and universities in the U.S. and internationally.