School of Art, Craft & Design
General Fine Arts: Dual-Focus
Dual-Focus affords students the curricular flexibility to explore interdisciplinary approaches to art making by focusing their creative practice in two of our well-equipped studios. With emphasis on building a strong foundation of technique and material understanding combined with individual expression, students are well prepared to engage in contemporary practices of art making.
Graduates of General Fine Arts: Dual-Focus have options to become independent studio artists, pursue certification to become teachers at the K-12 level, attend graduate school, become arts administrators or gallerists. Students develop skills in problem solving, critical thinking and collaboration, which prepares them well for leading successful and productive careers in a wide range of areas.
- Receive individual attention
- Learn a range of technical skills in each of the studios
- Work in well-equipped and spacious studios
- Develop a thorough understanding of professional practices
Information and Advisement
- For advisement, please contact our Student Success Center or our Fine Arts advisors
- General Fine Arts: Dual-Focus-Studio Undergraduate Catalog
- BFA/General Fine Arts: Dual-Focus Checklist (PDF)
- BFA Senior Thesis Guidelines (PDF)