For assistance contact Dr. Hayden Mattingly, 931-372-3698 or email email@example.com.
About Environmental Technology
- Learn to use GIS tools (geographic information systems) to aid in informed environmental decision making.
- Model and experience environmental processes.
- Explore conventional water treatment methods.
- Environmental & Sustainability Studies programs at Tennessee Tech are supported by cutting-edge resource centers.
- Including, Center for the Management, Utilization, and Protection of Water Resources and the Millard Oakley STEM Center for the Teaching and Learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
ESS at Tennessee Tech
- These concentrations offer students the opportunity to pursue their passions in a meaningful way as they apply scientific principles to environmental issues.
- Course work examines current topics through social, political and economic perspectives.
- Students analyze and propose sustainable solutions for complex, real-world environmental problems.
- The program culminates in a a hands-on experience or research project addressing an actual environmental problem.
Concentration Curriculum: Environmental Technology / 45 hours
Concentration Core (16 hours)
MATH 1910 Calculus I (4) Net--replaces MATH 1130 in common Gen. Ed. core
Forms & ChecklistsEnvironmental Technology
Year by Year (PDF)
Environmental Technology Year by Year Interactive Fillable Form (PDF)
- MATH 1920 Calculus II (4)
- CHEM 1110 General Chemistry I (4) Net--replaces CHEM 1010 in common Gen. Ed. core
- CHEM 1120 General Chemistry II (4)
Pollution Control Option (12 hours)
- CEE 3413 Environmental Engineering (3)
- PHYS 2010 (or PHYS 2110 & 2111) Physics (4)
- GEOG 4510 Theory of GIS I (3)
- GEOG 4650 Environmental Apps of GIS (3)
Directed Electives (12-13 hours) | Choose four of the following:
- AGET 3510 Agricultural Surveying (3)
- AGET 3620 Computer Aided Design in Agriculture (3)
- AGET 2110 Engineering Technology in Agriculture (3)
- BIOL 4130 Environmental Microbiology (3)
- BIOL 4840 Limnology (3)
- CEE 4410 Solid and Hazardous Waste Management (3)
- CEE 4430 Water and Wastewater Engineering (3)
- CEE 4450 Water Quality Modeling (3)
- ESS 4300 Environmental Management Systems (3)
- GEOG 1130 Geography of Natural Hazards (3)
- GEOG 4511 Theory of GIS, II (3)
- GEOL 4711 Hydrogeology (3)
- WFS 4500 National Wildlife Policy (3)
- WFS 4730 Conservation Biology (3)