Life in Cookeville
Good Points about Life in Cookeville
- Cookeville has one of the lowest crime rates in the USA
- TTU has the lowest crime rate of any school in the State of Tennessee.
- You rarely hear of theft, shootings, or any malicious acts
- TTU has a very comprehensive safety and security staff
- Only 18 crime incidents occurred atTennessee Tech, all were related to book thefts in the library.
- TTU is considered one of the Best Buys in the USA
Many choices, many majors
- TTU offers over 55 programs ranging from Engineering to Education
- TTU is centrally located between 3 areas, 1 hr from Nashville, 1 hr 15 mins from Knoxville, and 1 hr 30 mins from Chattanooga
Working on campus
- Many students ask can they work on campus.
The answer is a definite yes,Tennessee Tech has many on-campus jobs
- Also Internships are plentiful in the region
- ManyTennessee Tech majors recommend or require the students to have a COOP, students will receive payment for these COOP programs.
- TTU’s Career Services assists students in finding a COOP or Internships, they also will help you write your CV/ resume’
Cost of living
- On and off campus housing are available
- The medium cost of rent in Cookeville is $2 to $350 U.S. dollars for a 1 bedroom.
- Furnished housing are also available for $500 a month, all utilities, cable, washer and dryer are included.
- Cookeville is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 lowest cost of living in the USA.