B.A./M.A. Fast Track Program
B.A./M.A. Fast Track – English
The Fast Track program is designed to enable undergraduates to accumulate up to six credit hours of graduate coursework, to satisfy both undergraduate and graduate degree requirements, while still pursuing their undergraduate degree. The coursework will enable an efficient graduate program transition with the potential for accelerated completion. The courses must be taken at Tennessee Tech University. (Students who reach the number of credits required for their undergraduate degrees can also take additional courses for graduate credit before graduation, thus potentially accelerating their M.A. program even more.)
The minimum admission requirements for participating in the English Fast Track Program are:
- Enrollment as a TTU undergraduate English major with at least 90 hours of completed courses within the program of study;
- Completion of ENGL 3000;
- Overall GPA of 3.25 or better; GPA in 3000-level and above English coursework of 3.5 or better;
- Recommendation from the student's undergraduate advisor;
- Course approval from course professor and graduate faculty advisor;
- In addition to the requirements for admission to the B.A./M.A. Fast Track program, all requirements for admission to the graduate program must also be met upon graduation. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the graduate program.
Program participants should consult with their undergraduate and future graduate advisors regarding appropriate graduate courses to take and must earn a minimum grade of "B" in the graduate courses in order to apply them to their M.A. program of study. Students should be aware of potential financial implications of credits taken beyond scholarship allowances.
For further information or to apply to the Fast Track program, see
Dr. Brian Williams
Director of Graduate Studies
Henderson Hall 212A
(931) 372-3338 / email@example.com