Office of Sponsored Programs
- Grants.gov: single access point for more than 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant-making agencies (Detailed Grants.gov Handout)
- SPIN Suite: includes a searchable database of more than 40,000 funding opportunities from government and private funding sources as well as an email notification system related to funding opportunities aligned with saved searches.
- Cornerstone OpsWATCH (link will take you to SharePoint site that will require you to log in with your Tech username and password)
- The National Science Foundation Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I-Corps Team Solicitation
- Caplenor Faculty Research Awards
- Faculty Research Grants
- Graduate Student Funding
- Job-Scholarship-Internship Opportunities for Faculty, Graduates and Undergraduates
- Limited Proposal Submissions
- Requests for Funds to Visit Extramural Sponsors (PDF form, please see Forms page for instructions on PDF forms) Please note: Approval must be obtained prior to travel.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Research Programs and Funding
Please note: Grant applications must follow the Office of Research protocols. An
Intent to Submit must be completed, and the Proposal Endorsement Form must be routed
to our office to receive permission to submit.
- Please note that the six U.S. EDA "American Rescue Act" Notices of Funding Opportunity
have now been published and can be found on the https://www.grants.gov website under the "All Department of Commerce Grants" search function. https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html
I. EDA-HDQ-ARPGJ-2021-2006964 FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Good Jobs
II. EDA-HDQ-ARPBB-2021-2006976 FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Build Back Better
III. EDA-2021-ARPAEAA FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Economic Adjustment
Assistance Notice of Funding Opportunity
IV. EDA-HDQ-ARPRN-2021-2006986 FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Statewide
Planning, Research, and Networks
V. EDA-2021-ARPATOURISM FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Travel, Tourism, and
Outdoor Recreation Notice of Funding Opportunity
VI. EDA-2021-ARPAINDIGENOUS FY 2021 American Rescue Plan Act Indigenous
Communities Notice of Funding Opportunity
For more information, contact:
Lucas Z. Blankenship
Economic Development Representative
State of Tennessee
U.S. Department of Commerce
Economic Development Administration
Office: (404) 730-3010
Cell: (615) 736-1423
- NSF Weekly Update
- Solar Energy Innovators Program Opportunity
The purpose of the Solar Energy Innovators Program is to enable selected applicants to conduct practical research on innovative solutions to the challenges faced by electric utilities, energy service providers, and electric public utility commissions as the levels of solar energy, as well as other distributed energy resources (DERs), increase on the electrical grid. Please see the link above for more information.
- Call for Rapid Access Proposals for COVID-19 Research Using Neutron Scattering Resources (https://snsapp1.sns.ornl.gov/xprod_ro/f?p=109:26)
With the continuing spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Energy Basic Energy Sciences neutron sources will provide remote rapid access to support research into the COVID-19 virus and the search for effective diagnostics and therapies. Beamlines that will be made available at the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS) and High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, include neutron macromolecular crystallography, small angle scattering, reflectometry, spectroscopy and imaging beamlines.
Researchers who would like to use these resources should submit a short rapid access proposal, outlining experiment aims and scope, at https://snsapp1.sns.ornl.gov/xprod_ro/f?p=109:26. A facility scientist will contact you regarding your proposal within 2 days. Scientific and technical questions should be sent to Dean Myles at firstname.lastname@example.org.