Check out our recommendation of items that you may consider bringing and some helpful information for your transition to campus!
What to Expect
All rooms have:
- Internet or wireless access, telephone with local phone service and voice mail (optional) and cable television
- Students in Jobe/Murphy, MS Cooper/Pinkerton, Crawford, Maddux/McCord, and Ellington/Warf Halls will only be able to connect to the Internet by wireless access via your laptop or desktop computer.
- Basic room furniture – bed, desk, chair, dresser, trash can and closet
- NOTE: All beds on campus can be raised and/or are “loftable” to a certain height.
- Trash can
- Towels and washcloths*
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc.)*
- Basic health items (Tylenol, band-aids, etc.)*
- Clock (radio)*
- Laundry basket
- Candle Warmer (no open flames)
- Fragrance Warmer
- Laundry detergent/softener
- Mattress pad for mattress
- Personal Computer
- Power strip/surge protector (all electrical appliances must be UL approved.)
- DVD Player**
- Television and a cable cord to plug into the cable outlet**
- Microwave less than 1,000 watts**
- Instant Pot
- Airfryer (as long as the heating element is enclosed within the unit)
- Small Hand Blender (UL approved)
- Induction Cooktop
- Keurig (not a coffee pot)
- Refrigerator 4.4 cubic feet or smaller (mini fridge) **
- No wireless routers, hubs, network printers, or anything that extends the network
- Large refrigerator
- Tobacco products (Tennessee Tech is a tobacco free and smoke free campus)
- Fireworks/fire crackers
- Firearms/weapons of any type
- Open coiled appliances
- Pets (other than fish in 20 gal aquarium)
- Halogen Lamps
- Extension Cords
- Hot Plates
- Toaster Ovens
*Indicates essential items you may consider bringing with you if possible, other items
may be picked up at the store after you arrive on campus.
**You may only want to bring one of these items to share with your roommate.
For your convenience, we have partnered with Dormify to provide an easy, affordable way to purchase bedding, storage solutions, and everything else you'll need (and want) for your new home away from home. Please visit https://www.dormroom.com/tnt to get move-in day ready and create your dream residence hall room:
- To place order for linen, bath, and storage items: https://www.dormroom.com/tnt
- NOTE: Not available for summer school.
When purchasing bedding for your room, it’s important to verify which bedding size will fit your bed according to your housing and room assignment:
|Housing Assignment||Sheets Needed|
Browning, Cooper, Crawford, Dunn, Evins, Ellington, Jobe, Maddux, McCord, MS Cooper, Murphy*, Pinkerton, or Warf
Regular size twin bed sheets (Including Murphy regular singles;
*Murphy super singles need full/double size sheets)
New Hall South
Extra long twin bed sheets (aka XL)
New Hall North
Single Room Assignment: Full size sheets (full size bed)
Double Room Assignment: Extra long twin bed sheets (aka XL)
› Internet Registration (Wired and Wireless)
› Dining Services (Freshmen living in halls must have a meal plan)
IMPORTANT: It is state law that all new incoming students living on campus who are under 22 years
of age are required to produce proof of adequate immunization against Meningococcal
Disease (Meningitis) on or after your 16th birthday.
You must submit this proof to the Health Services office. Please do not send any such records directly to the Residential Life office.
Students who have not provided their meningitis documentation to Health Services will not be allowed to check into campus housing. If you have any questions, please contact Health Services.