College of Education
Candidate Performance Data
Ready2Teach Annual Reports by Center Research in Educational Policy (CREP). The Ready2Teach initiative implemented a four-year, field/clinically focused program design at Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) institutions. CREP was contracted with TBR to evaluate the progress and effectiveness of the initiative. The reports below include the quantitative and qualitative results for our programs, including feedback from completers and employers.
Instructional Leadership Licensure Exam Results
School Leadership Series Exam Reports:
The following annual reports illustrate the pass rates for all Instructional Leadership test takers. The reports are broken up into national, statewide (noted as Tennessee Department of Education), and at Tennessee Tech (noted as Institution: Tennessee Technological University) sections.
Praxis Exam Results
Praxis Exam Institutional Summary Reports:
The following annual reports illustrate the pass rates for all initial licensure test takers. This includes undergraduate, post-bac, and alternative initial licensure candidates. The reports are broken up into national, statewide (noted as Tennessee Department of Education), and at Tennessee Tech (noted as Institution: Tennessee Technological University) sections.
State Report Card Results
State of Tennessee Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training:
Tennessee Tech University Educator Preparation Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training:
Title II Institution and Program Report Card Results
The following reports demonstrate our programs' progress and completion toward federal Title II requirements, including high-need endorsement areas. Traditional reports include undergraduate and post-bac initial candidates. Alternative reports include job-embedded initial candidates.
- 2018-2019 Traditional
- 2018-2019 Alternative
- 2017-2018 Traditional
- 2017-2018 Alternative
- 2016-2017 Traditional
- 2016-2017 Alternative
- 2015-2016 Traditional
- 2015-2016 Alternative
- 2014-2015 Traditional
- 2014-2015 Alternative
Tennessee Tech Enrollment & Degrees Conferred
EPP Completer & Licensure Rates
- 2014–2015 Cohort (N=302): 66.23% degrees conferred; 66.23% licensure recommendations; 11.92% in progress
- 2013–2014 Cohort (N=362): 76.24% degrees conferred; 76.24% licensure recommendations; 2.49% in progress
- 2012–2013 Cohort (N=649): 87.83% degrees conferred; 78.12% licensure recommendations; <1% in progress
- Tennessee Tech ranked 1st in public universities and 2nd overall in Tennessee in the SmartAsset Best Value Colleges study in four consecutive years (2016-2019). According to the Student Loan Report, TTU was ranked 83rd in the nation and 1st in Tennessee among public universities in a Student Debt Repayment Success Indicator (SDRSI) study. The study showed TTU’s early career pay at $51,000 with the debt per borrower at $19,363 and the default rate at 5.31 percent for an SDRSI rating of 2.49. The average borrower, nationwide, graduated with $28,400 in student debt. Student loan default rates are not available in disaggregated form by program, only for the university as a whole.
- SmartAsset Best Value College link:https://smartasset.com/student-loans/student-loan-calculator?year=2019#tennessee/value
- The Student Loan Report: Student Debt Repayment Success link: https://studentloans.net/student-debt-repayment-success-indicator/#tab-con-45
Teacher Candidate Outcomes
Graduates will be teachers and leaders who are competent, caring, professionals who work effectively in a diverse, technological society.
An assessment of graduates will show individuals with:
- an appropriate level of scholarship,
- effective communication,
- a level of responsibility consistent with professional behavior,
- skills of reflection that promote self-evaluation and growth,
- respect for diversity,
- skills of collaboration with other professionals, families, and community,
- instructional technology skills.