College of Graduate Studies
Ed.S. Instructional Leadership Admissions Requirements
Specialist in Instructional Leadership
ADMISSION PROCESS FOR Tennessee Tech'S INITIAL LICENSE INSL PROGRAM
- A valid Tennessee teaching license and three (3) years teaching experience required
- Successfully complete admission process for Tennessee Tech Graduate School
- Receive notification from Tennessee Tech Graduate School indicating full admission status and assignment of a T#
- Complete Declaration of Intent for INSL Program
- Complete Request for Disposition Assessments for INSL Program (INSL candidates do not need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation to the Graduate School)
- Receive notification from Tennessee Tech INSL Program unit indicating status of Intent
- Schedule INSL Program Interview and prepare INSL Program Portfolio to bring to Interview
- Copy of TN State Department of Education Educators License Information page located at the following address: https://tdoe.tncompass.org/Public/Search
- Copy of most recent LEA Performance Appraisal Record
- Copy of current Professional Development Plan (PD Plan/Future Growth Plan)
- Copy of Experience Verification Form (signed by the appropriate LEA personnel)
- Evidence of your ability to improve student achievement and of leadership demonstrated in coaching other teachers to raise student achievement (assessment scores, performance appraisals, etc.)
- Letter (on system letterhead) from Director of LEA, or his/her designee, indicating support for the completion of all field experiences, internship, and culminating action research project required for the completion of the INSL program.
ED.S. (ESIL) ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE Tennessee Tech GRADUATE SCHOOL
- Satisfactory test scores on either the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) (380 minimum for provisional standing and 388 minimum for full standing) or the GRE®General Test (GRE): Exceed 150 on Verbal Reasoning and score 138 or above on Quantitative Reasoning AND a score of 4.0 or above is required on Analytical Writing. -OR- Exceed 141 on Quantitative Reasoning and score 143 or above on Verbal Reasoning AND a score of 4.0 or above is required on Analytical Writing.
- Official transcripts from your bachelor's and master's institutions and any other institutions attended
- Grade Point Average on master's degree of at least 3.5
- Four (4) satisfactory disposition assessments submitted to the INSL database
Degree Program Completion: Requires submission of passing score on State Licensing Exam for TN Learning Centered Leadership System.