College of Graduate Studies
Get a jump start on your master’s degree by participating in the “Fast-Track” program.
The Fast-Track program is designed to enable students to earn their M.S., MBA, PSM, or M.A. degree in a short period of time. A junior or senior who opts for the fast-track program may take six hours of graduate coursework prior to admission to the Tennessee Tech graduate degree program. Up to six hours of this graduate coursework, normally taken during the student’s senior year, may be used to satisfy both undergraduate and graduate degree requirements.
These courses must be taken at Tennessee Tech University and must be approved as appropriate substitutions in the undergraduate curriculum as senior electives. The admissions requirements differ by department but include the following:
- Subject to approval by the students advisor and department chair
- Meet the department Fast-Track GPA requirements
- Meet class level standing as required by the department (junior versus senior standing)
- Any course prerequisites defined by the department
- For more information on “jump-starting” your Master’s degree, visit the department website below or contact Graduate Studies.
New or interested students must complete the following form: Fast-Track Program Acceptance and Course Credit Form
If you are an existing Fast-Track Student you will fill out the following form: Fast-Track Course Credit Form
Note: Participation in the Fast-Track program does not guarantee admission into the Master’s degree program. Students must apply for and be admitted to the Graduate College before course credit may be used towards fulfillment of a graduate degree.
Two new programs just approved! Exercise Science, Physical Education, and Wellness, and PSM Environmental Informatics, Master of Professional Studies