Bachelor's Degree Concentrations
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and
Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.ED.)
- 2+2 Program with Community Colleges
Get Your Teaching Degree Close to Home
Learn more about getting your teaching degree close to home with our 2+2 Program in partnership with regional community colleges.
- Elementary Education (K-5)
- Secondary Education / Chemistry
- Secondary Education / Math
- Early Childhood Education (B.S.)
Use your talents and compassion for children and families as an early childhood educator.
Have a positive and lasting impact on young learners and their first educational experiences by preparing them for a successful future.
Early Childhood Education (PreK-3): Lay solid foundations and encourage inquisitive learning while preparing your students to advance to the next level in their educational experiences.
Special Education (PreK-3 and PreK-1): Empower your students and educate their families as they achieve their potential for learning and skill development through fun, accessible projects and activities.
- Elementary Education / K-5 Licensure (B.S.)
Fulfill your dreams of becoming a teacher with our rewarding elementary education degree.
- Elementary Education
- Multidisciplinary Studies (B.S.)
Multidisciplinary Studies: English as a Second Language
Multidisciplinary Studies: Middle School 6-8
- Social Studies
- English Language Arts
- Secondary Education (B.S.ED.) / 6-12 Licensure
As a secondary education major, you will inspire your middle and/or high school students to pursue the excitement of learning and achieve their potential as young adults.
- Science - Option Biology
- Science - Option Chemistry
- Science - Earth Science
- Science - Physics
- Social Studies - Economics
- Social Studies - Geography
- Social Studies - History
- Social Studies - Political Science
- Speech Communication and Theatre
- Special Education (B.S.)
Pursue a worthwhile and rewarding career in Special Education working with children and adults with special needs and extraordinary gifts.
- PreK-3 and PreK-1
- Interventionist K-8
- Interventionist 6-12 (Secondary Biology)
- Interventionist 6-12 (Secondary English)
- Interventionist 6-12 (Secondary History)
- Interventionist 6-12 (Secondary Math)
- Non-Licensure Programs
- Early Childhood Education, Non-Licensure Concentration / B.S.
- Multidisciplinary Studies: General / B.S.
- Secondary Education, Non-Licensure Concentration / B.S.ED.
- Special Education, Non-Licensure Concentration / B.S.
- Take the Fast Track to Your Graduate Degree
The Fast Track program is designed to enable Tech College of Education undergraduates to accumulate up to six (6) credit hours of graduate coursework, to satisfy both undergraduate and graduate degree requirements, while still pursuing their undergraduate degree.
The Fast Track option is currently for selected concentrations (please consult your advisor).
Fast Track Forms:
- Acceptance Form
- Graduate Credit Form
The coursework enables an efficient graduate program transition with the potential for accelerated completion; courses must be taken at Tennessee Tech.
Minimum Admission Requirements for Fast Track:
- Enrolled as an undergraduate Curriculum & Instruction major with at least 90 hours of completed courses within their program of study.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.25 or better
- Recommendation from the student’s undergraduate advisor
- Course approval from C&I graduate faculty or graduate faculty advisor.
- In addition to the requirements for admission to the Fast Track BA/MS program, all requirements for admission to the graduate program must also be met upon graduation. Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the graduate program.
- Program participants should consult with their undergraduate and/or future graduate advisor regarding appropriate graduate courses to take and must earn a minimum grade of “B” in the graduate courses in order to apply them to their M.A. program of study.