Instructional Technology Resources
- Equipment Checkout
ATTENTION FACULTY: Starting March 13, 2020 Please send ALL requests for the instructional technology listed below to your Department Chair or School Director. The purpose of this is to aggregate faculty needs by academic units during the COVID-19 Response Plan to help with efficiency and communication.
- Tablet PC computers (variety of brands and types)
- Mac Air laptop
- iPads & Android Tablets
- USB Headphones with attached microphones
- Wireless microphones
- All-in-one Conference Camera and Microphone
- GoPro 4
- Digital cameras
- Video cameras
- Projector Screen
- Wacom Bamboo Tablet
- Adapters of different types
- Content Creation Tools
Creation and Conversion Tools
- ipadio - ipadio allows you to broadcast from any phone to the Internet live. Faculty can create their own pod-casting channel. It's great for student audio recordings for assessment. You can create your own channel for free.
- Respondus - Create and manage exams and publish to iLearn. Tennessee Tech Faculty can download this for free by going to the web site and logging in to Download and get the license information.
- PDF Creator - Converts all printable documents to PDF. There is a free version and a Plus version with no ads. The Plus version costs $8.95 for 1 year and $17.95 for 2 years. (Windows Only)
Learning Styles Assessments
- Media Tools
Image Editing, Resizing and Screenshot Tools
- Gimp - Photo Editing Software
- Paint.net - Web-based image and photo editing software (Windows)
- Webresizer - This free online image Web Resizer helps you optimize photos for web or email. Easy to use. Amazing results!
- Jing - Create screenshots and annotate them or record a short video of onscreen action and share it. (Mac & Windows)
- Lightshot - Create screenshots quickly and edit them instantly to add annotation, arrows, highlights, etc. (Mac & Windows)
- Audacity - Audio Editing
- Social Media Tools
- Ted - watch and discover fresh ideas each week
- PB Works - Wiki
- Blogger - Blogging Tool
- Wordpress - Blogging Tool (TN Tech hosts a WordPress server for faculty web sites, request your site.)
- Google Docs - Web-based suite that allows for editing, sharing and collaborating on documents, spreadsheets and presentations. It also has the ability to create forms that feed directly into a spreadsheet.
- The Big Picture - a web-based graphic project management tool that can be shared with others
- Zoho - Web-based suite that allows for editing, sharing and collaborating on documents, spreadsheets and presentations. It also has several business applications that could be useful like CRM, invoicing, meeting and project management.