Resources on Trauma-Informed Teaching
These resources are provided by Betsie Garner and Jac Ewasyshyn and were developed under the auspices of the ALC they led this past year called Trauma Responsive Teaching.
There are several events on the horizon that could potentially cause significant distress for students in light of disruptions caused by COVID-19. For example, students may experience more anxiety than normal about final exams and/or disappointment that the graduation ceremony has been postponed. In hopes of supporting students during this difficult time and throughout the aftermath of COVID-related disruptions please view the following evidence-based resources related to the topic of trauma.
Sensitive Approaches to Supporting Student Success
Download the flyers below to learn more.
Additional Educational Resources on Trauma
- Video: "Brené Brown on Empathy"
- Article: "Integration Idea: Empathy"
- Article: "A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus"
- Webinar: "Inclusive Online Teaching and Teachable Moments in Online Classrooms"
- Webinar: "Trauma-Informed Teaching and Learning (TITL) Online"
- Resource List: "What is Trauma-Informed Teaching?"
- Book: Distressed or Deliberately Defiant? Managing Challenging Student Behavior Due to Trauma and Disorganised Attachment
- Book: Supporting and Educating Traumatized Students